Covid-19 has created unprecedented disruption to education systems across the world. One of the consequences was the reduced time in teaching and learning, resulting in substantial learning losses across subjects and grades. To mitigate the impact of Covid-19 on learning and teaching, the Department of Basic Education adopted a multiyear curriculum recovery approach.
The recovery curriculum is designed to accommodate the negative impact of Covid-19. It is, therefore, a temporary deviation from the original curriculum and a transitional arrangement until the policy amendment processes are completed.
Annual Teaching Plans per phase
- FET Phase Annual Teaching Plans
- Senior Phase Annual Teaching Plans
- Intermediate Phase Annual Teaching Plans
- Foundation Phase Annual Teaching Plans
- Multigrade Annual Teaching Plans