A practical assessment task is a requirement for several subjects in grade 12. These include:
- Agriculture: Agricultural Management Practices and Agricultural Technology;
- Arts: Dance Studies, Design, Dramatic Arts, Music and Visual Arts;
- Languages: Oral mark;
- Technology: Civil Technology, Electrical Technology, Mechanical Technology and Engineering Graphics and Design;
- Life Orientation;
- Computer Sciences: Computer Applications Technology and Information Technology; and
- Services: Consumer Studies, Hospitality Studies and Tourism.
This mark counts 25% of the end-of-year examination mark. The DBE puts together annual guidelines for teachers on how to assess these tasks. These guidelines can be accessed here.