The Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Geography outlines the nature and purpose of the subject Geography. This guides the philosophy underlying the teaching and assessment of the subject in Grade 12.
The purpose of these Examination Guidelines is to:
- Provide clarity on the depth and scope of the content to be assessed in the Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) Examination in Geography.
- Assist teachers to adequately prepare learners for the examinations.
This document deals with the final Grade 12 external examinations. It does not deal in any depth with the School-Based Assessment (SBA).
These Examination Guidelines should be read in conjunction with:
- The National Curriculum Statement (NCS) Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS): Geography
- The National Protocol of Assessment: An addendum to the policy document, the National Senior Certificate: A qualification at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), regarding the National Protocol for Assessment (Grades R–12)
- The national policy pertaining to the programme and promotion requirements of the National Curriculum Statement, Grades R–12
- Abridged Amended Section 4 of FET CAPS in Grades 12