The new CAPS coding and robotics subject is aimed at guiding and preparing learners to solve problems, think critically, work collaboratively and creatively, and function in a digital and information-driven world. But how are you, the teacher, coping? Are you feeling lost when the term “coding and robotics” is used? Attend this popular workshop and get the uncertainty out of the way.
Dates: attend 23 or 25 August 2021
Time: 14:00 – 16:00
For more information and to register, click HERE.
The workshop covers:
- Defining and exploring computational thinking
- Pattern recognition and problem solving
- Identification and analysis of regularities, repetitions and change in patterns that increase in size and number consisting of physical objects, drawings and symbolic forms to make predictions and solve problems, using a range of tools
- Algorithms and Coding
- Introduction to coding and creating algorithms, identifying problems, using simple block coding
- Robotic Skills
- Introduction to Mechanical and Electrical engineering systems and circuits using the Engineering Design Process and Concepts of Computational Thinking, creating logical steps that robots can follow
- Internet and e-communication
- Application skills